SHORT COMMUNICATIONS 369
The Changed American Way
Over the past 50 years, Americans have realized two ways of daily life: one good and one bad. Those two ways of life have drastically changed the American culture. The way of life of 50 years ago cannot be recognized at all in the present the American culture, and that is not a good thing.
The traditional way of life of 50 years ago was one that worked very, very well. The way of life was well structured and contained the necessary elements for success. Religiosity (religious living) led the way. People respected and loved God and kept His Commandments, and that guided them in their daily decisions. The unity and proper function of the family started with a legal and proper marriage. The father provided the necessary financial support and helped with the necessary daily chores. Neighbors helped neighbors in time of need. It was a verstable and productive time with many great rewards.
Let us now flash forward to America’s present and modern way of life. It will be apparent the America has come apart in the worst way. Legal and proper marriages are not way anymore, especially among young adults. Americans no longer consider marriage a prerequisite to having children. Young adults delay marriage and also enter into less-traditional family arrangements. Children are much less respectful and obedient and reliable. They carve their own grove irrespective of parents’ wishes. There are no longer common assumptions about marriage, family, life, honesty, hard work, and religiosity. Over the past 50 years, that common civic culture has unraveled and for the most part disappeared. All of put American culture in a state disarray and confusion. The motto is if you like it had and it makes you happy go ahead and do it.
Here are some American ways of life that were reported in newspapers recently:
1. As a lady was getting out of her car she saw an immoral type of behavior going on in the car next to her. She called to police who came quickly. When the police looked into her car they saw a man pleasuring himself. He was cited for it and the possession of marijuana.
2. Two men walked into a super market together. What was so unusual is this: Both men were completely tattooed from head to waist. Even their heads and faces were tattooed.
3. A young lady in checkout line dropped her money, and when she bent over to pick up the money there was her upper butt tattooed saying “love me”.
4. Behind the young lady was an older lady, and each time she bent over to unload her cart, 75 percent of her bare breasts could be seen by all around her.
5. One out of every two (50%) black boys are arrested before they reach age 23.
6. Out in the super market parking lot a lady and man were arguing and the lady used the F--- word as she argued in a loud voice.
The above is more than a reaction to a stressed American society. It is simply in tune with the new American way of life, and it’s very disgusting and so wrong.