SHORT COMMUNICATIONS N° 38
The Counter-Culture Legacy
One can say that the counter-culture legacy began during the year 1963, when the 18 year old youths in America said good-bye to high school and entered the real world. And now they have been part of and at the controls of our culture for 44+ years at this point in time, 2008. So the age group that started the counter-culture movement at age 18 are 62 years of age.
They and their children and grand children are responsible for the way America is today. What you are now going to read is not pretty. It’s their legacy. In fact, it is most deplorable and an exact result of the philosophy they initiated back in 1963, “throw out the old and bring in the new.” They scrapped the old moral and workable traditions in favor of their own which has given us what we have today. They threw away a good and workable moral compass, God, and replaced them with immorality and the pursuit of sex and money and power. And here are the results:
1. A very disordered, defective, and even an invisible moral compass.
2. A great, great decline in making God part of their everyday lives.
3. Allowed Satan to make a grand entrance through a wide open door into our lives and become a very effective force everywhere in our culture.
4. As their philosophy took root a great decline in church attendance took place.
5. Allowed apostasy to grow and increase to this very day. Apostasy is flourishing in fact.
6. A high rate of various types of immorality.
8. Wife swapping.
9. High divorce rate.
10. The acceptance of homosexual behavior as normal and okay.
11. Widespread abortion as normal and okay
12. If it feels good, do it philosophy.
13. Drug running, drug dealing, drug use, and drug over-dosed deaths.
14. Rock’n Roll music and their anti-traditional lyrics.
15. Our vastly over-flowing prison population.
16. Make up your own rules as you go along.
17. Family members murdering family members.
18. Internet pornography and printed forms of the same. (38% of people in the U.S. say it’s OK).
19. Child sexual abuse in families and among the clergy in all religious Denominations.
20. High rate of pregnancy in the 11-17 age groups and outside of wedlock.
21. A 700-800% increase in demonic possession and the need for exorcisms.
22. The despicable and obscene mode of personal dress of today’s women and young girls.
23. Teachers having sex with their students (as result of girls mode of dress in classrooms).
24. Desecrated bodies (tattoos) of both sexes that give the appearance of a zoo animal.
25. Identity theft which is ever-increasing.
26. Internet crime and fraud.
27. Widespread cheating in sports.
28. High school and college students killing other students on their campuses.
29. Out-of-control illegal immigration.
30. A great lack of discipline in our schools. (And dumb-downed curriculums)
31. High rate of high school dropouts, (Great reading, whiting, language inadequates).
32. Unbelievable amount of homelessness.
33. Obsessive pursuit of money.
34. Declining middle class.
35. Increasing lower class.
36. Out-of-control health-care costs.
37. Extremely high home prices.
38. Extremely high rent costs.
39. Taxes on so many things.
40. Lack of accepting responsibility for one’s behavior.
41. Very high utility rates.
42. Higher retirement ages.
43. Very high gasoline prices.
44. Monster gas-guzzling pickup trucks.
45. Unbelievable and out-of-control credit card debt.
46. Social security mess.
47. High transaction fees and sales tax rates.
49. Increase in suicide rates.
50. Hollywood’s movie-making filth and outward immorality.
51. Obscenity laced rap music.
52. The proliferation of prostitution over the years.
53. Our cold social environment.
The counter-culture people never got it. And they still do not get it, that just because something can be done doesn’t mean that it should be done. They muddied up the waters badly and blew it, especially when they threw God out of their everyday life and threw away their moral compass.
Now you can realize why the counter-culture legacy is so despicable. It is what they gave to all of us. And most of the pre-1963 generations (those that are still left) who were not part of the movement have to suffer the results. The best part of the counter-culture legacy is they did it mostly to themselves and to all of their grandchildren now and in the future.